Our Primary 3 to Primary 6 English Tuition Programmes
Through our Primary 3 to 6 programmes, we work hand-in-hand with parents to prepare their children for the big huddle in P6. We recognise a need for a systematic approach to teaching language skills. With our team of passionate and experienced teachers, strategies and a step-by-step approach are formulated to help children master the various components in English.
However, is the PSLE the only reason for a child to learn English?
At Lil’ but Mighty, we want our children to discover the meaning behind learning language and the authentic use of it in the real world. Infusing authentic materials and activities in our curriculum, we seek to help our Lil’ ones connect language use in the classroom to the world. There is an authentic purpose in learning English.
Essential Features of the Lil' but Mighty Classroom:
1. Covers all components of English assessment except for listening comprehension.
2. Small class size - 6 children per class.
3. Strategies and step-by-step approach to tackle the key components of the MOE Primary English syllabus such as Composition, Comprehension, Cloze Passage, Oral, Grammar and Synthesis & Transformation.
4. Infusion of authentic resources (e.g. newspaper articles, informational texts, songs, etc.) and tasks to enrich and engage.
Advantages of Small Group Tuition
- Opportunity for pupils to reinforce learning when they explain and reiterate concepts to their peers. When you teach, you learn.
- Opportunity for pupils to learn from each other's mistakes and discover their blind spots.
- Increased motivation in a group setting when there is friendly competition.
It takes a village to raise and grow a child. At Lil' but Mighty, every child is capable of growth and the best part is that as teachers, we have the opportunity to do so with the children. Our teachers at Lil' but Mighty believe that every child is unique and building positive relationships with the children and parents opens up opportunities for learning.
Experienced and Nurturing
Equipped with rich and relevant teaching experience, our nurturing yet dynamic teachers are always coming up with new and engaging strategies in teaching English. All teachers at Lil' but MIghty gather weekly to discuss and design materials that best tailor to children's learning needs. Alignment across the curriculum and different classes is ensured through the weekly reflection sessions.
Growing with your Primary 3 to Primary 6 children
Learning is a never-ending process and this applies to our teachers too. To provide innovative ways of learning and to be kept abreast of the latest pedagogy in teaching, all teachers are required to attend English workshops and share the learning thereafter. We hope that as we hunger to learn, we will inspire our children to do so too.
Join Lil' but Mighty Primary English Tuition today because...
1. On top of readily available resources, Lil' but Mighty small group tuition uses materials designed in-house that target specific learning needs for the various components. A range of authentic learning materials are tapped on as well to expose young ones to English in the real world.
2. We are conveniently located at Clementi Central and Beauty World Centre.
3. The number of classes and spaces available is limited to ensure optimal and quality learning.
4. We have a team of patient and encouraging teachers who work hard with our children for excellence.
Lil' ones love us but don't take our word for it!
Almost there! Please complete this form and click submit below and we will contact you to confirm your child's enrolment!
Upon submitting the form, we'll email you our latest tips and updates, fresh out of the oven weekly! Don't worry, if you're already subscribed, we won't subscribe you twice. You can also unsubscribe at any time.